& Crazyhamster- A students Blog




Subscribe in a reader

Version 4.0
©crazyhamster design
On 19 June 2007

Youth.sg

Subscribe to my feed!
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Joost™ the best of tv and the internet


About me!
Why RSS?

Categories

Tomorrow-ed
Personal
Youth.sg
Motivational
School

Blogroll
Want a link here?Link me, and post a comment!
12slc Facs Group

Carine
Jingyi
Jingyao
Rachel Oon
Jaslyn
Matthew
Davin
Shirley Lee
Loh Hong Sheng

MrOtaku
xXingg
Marilyn
Rainyuki
Angelin
Sargunan
VivianBEE
Dine-y
Simin
May
Xuehua
Chelism
Guttercat!
Paradoxical
Yumi!
Yan-er!
Wan Xin
Miss Addicted!

Miyagi
Popagandhi
Youth.sg
Mrbrown

sgBlogs.com

Recent Entries

  • VMC The past 3 days (20/12/2006)-(22/12/206) I wa...
  • VMC-ing, wun be ab le to blog from 20-22, will upd...
  • Civics and moral education
  • I AM A RETARD hahah thats RETARDED! hahahahhah...
  • mymall.sg
  • 10 Days to christmas! 10 days to chirstmas, no s...
  • YO peeps! I went around today to replace my libra...
  • WHAT A GOOD BAD DAY! First off, the day started w...
  • HEY ALL, after for like 2 weeks, I havent been d...
  • :) The past few days had been hectic for me, o...

  • Archives

    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007


     

     

    Want joost invites? Get one from crazyhamster!

    Monday, December 25, 2006

    ELITES - An non-elite, elite point of view.

    Hey probably, almost all of you had known about the Wee Shu Min Scandal . I had also read quite a few blogs from tomorrow.sg regarding the whole idea of the elitist mindset from independent schools. Needless to say, I am from Hwa Chong Institution, but I am proud to proclaim that I have none of the elitist mindset. perhaps, it may be due to my humble background as compared tot the notorious elitis, uncaring faced wee shu min.

    To be able to live in a well-to-do family is a luxury, but many fail to see it that way. To be an elitist, doesnt mean to put people down. I admit that there seems to be an invisible barrier between the neighbourhood school and independent school. I felt that its just like the heavy rainfall we had over the past few days, it is ineivitable. After like 4-6 years of hanging out with people of similar intellectual, and the mindset that the school gives the students, it may be hard for the elite students not to snob at the neighbourhood students, ESPECIALLY! if they are from some elite primary school, or even kindergarden.

    But seriously, they should relook on their mindset. I mean, being in an elitist school just meant that you are inclined towards academic, ur neutrons in your brains are probably more active than the others.But I would really love to see elites who think themselves as the "o-so-mighty" flop one day. It is indeed true that not all students in elite school are like that, but in certain school, it seems to be the school trend. For Hwa Chong, we are just like a communist school, having said that, communist, how to be elitist? I cant say there are none, but it is significantly lesser.

    In a way we are all human, we could all excel in different ways. The old saying goes : tian sheng wo cai bi you yong" , so stupid elitist who snobs at others, deserves to die die die.


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home