Bet you cant debunk the myths about web-advertising.
Indeed, its really disappointing if your main blog readers are from Singapore. Most of us here do not give a damn about the advertisement displayed in most sites. This is due to the cyncial mindset of many Singaporean nowadays.
"If the person have the money to advertise, that means that website needs money, and if that website needs money, why should i go to that site?"
That is probably through for some of the cases, however I had seen NE-mation, the national education animation competition being broadcasted over adsense. That does not require money to vote.
Thus I have to break the myths of adsense in other to promote the usage of web-advertisements in Singapore. This will aid the publishers in getting more clicks and the advertisers in getting more attention. Futhermore, those who clicked will not be at a disadvantage.
1. All sites on the advertisements are scam.
- Totally totally untrue. Advertisements on adsense are being bought with money by real people. Definitely not computer generated to scam a few cents.
2. I will need to pay once I enter the sites through the advertisements
- Yea, pay with ur pixels? RUBBISH
3. The sites are irrelavant and are probably based in the Europe.
- Probably. I will not say this is totally untrue... but there are advertisers in asia too!
4.If the person have the money to advertise, that means that website needs money, and if that website needs money, why should i go to that site?
- Not true. Many sites are promoting through advertisements to merely draw attention. They may need money but not always from you directly.
5. You will get lots of money if I click on it.
Seriously, if singaporeans click on the advertisement, I will earn around 0.01-0.02 cents. A lot? definitely not, I had visitors from the west and one click can earn me up to 55 cents.
So why the cynical mindset? Perhaps when you have nothing to do, it is time to do some ad-surfing.