& Crazyhamster- A students Blog




Subscribe in a reader

Version 4.0
©crazyhamster design
On 19 June 2007

Youth.sg

Subscribe to my feed!
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Joost™ the best of tv and the internet


About me!
Why RSS?

Categories

Tomorrow-ed
Personal
Youth.sg
Motivational
School

Blogroll
Want a link here?Link me, and post a comment!
12slc Facs Group

Carine
Jingyi
Jingyao
Rachel Oon
Jaslyn
Matthew
Davin
Shirley Lee
Loh Hong Sheng

MrOtaku
xXingg
Marilyn
Rainyuki
Angelin
Sargunan
VivianBEE
Dine-y
Simin
May
Xuehua
Chelism
Guttercat!
Paradoxical
Yumi!
Yan-er!
Wan Xin
Miss Addicted!

Miyagi
Popagandhi
Youth.sg
Mrbrown

sgBlogs.com

Recent Entries

  • My blog is as safe as my pr0n
  • 13th Student Leaders Convention
  • Different type of Student Blogs in Singapore
  • How many is too many? (Student Bloggers Edition)
  • Lots of Love! (links I mean)
  • The Unorthodox way of earning money - COMPETITION
  • Blog For Money - Students can do it too! #2
  • Blog For Money - Students can do it too! #1
  • Is it possible for students to earn money through...
  • SgFriend's self-destruction

  • Archives

    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007


     

     

    Want joost invites? Get one from crazyhamster!

    Wednesday, April 18, 2007

    Studying is Gambling, y'know?

    Once in awhile, crazyhamster will go uber emo and starts to rant about his workload. It is until today that I realised that I am already in a very good situation. I totally empathise with the other student bloggers of my age. I wonder if they still blog on a regular basis like I do. I am sure that most of them still does that.

    One of the professional blogger once mentioned that in a blog, there are 4 season. I believe right now, in crazyhamster I am in teh winter mode. The winter season is a time that I will hardly write any critical arguments and articles due to the immense workload given by our DEAREST TEACHERS. However, this blog will still be updated regularly, mostly about personal life and experiences. Who knows, I may even post up some "mugging" tips for my readers to enjoy.

    I had always wondered whats so great about "mugging", the "IN" section of our school subscription version of the Straits Time glorified the students who mugged or study really hard during the Os or any other exams. They call it EXTREME mugging. Yea, it is to draw parallels with the "extreme sport" cateogry which meant that the students are seriously hardcore who does not give a damn about their studies.

    So whats the weird thing over here? none of those featured made it into the top junior college - Hwa Chong Institution. Granted, now that RJC had surpassed us in terms of performance for the latest A level exam, we were the best for last year. Or rather the most difficult to get into. Those featured are those who took their Os in the past, so if that was the case why is it that they are unable to make it to the top notch school? Call it choice, I call it luck.

    Luck plays an extremely important role in every examination or tests. If you are lucky, you can study really little and still score because you are studied the areas which are coincidentally tested. So how much of such luck do you have? HOW MUCH?
    NOT MUCH!

    So in the end, we still have to study to increase our "luck", the more we study, the more area we cover.

    It is just like 4D isnt it? The more we study, the more numbers we place our bets on and the probability of winning the first price is much higher. Oh what about toto? Who knows we may just win the "first prize"?

    They all said, we want to buy a hope! Thats why compulsive gamblers are keen to buy many many hopes. What about studying? We want hopes too! So mug more topic, to have more hope!

    This is to my fellow student bloggers who may be facing with the greatest stress that you may feel in your entire "less than 20" years. Study hard, study smart.

    Labels:


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Farinelli said...

    I'm also trying my best to keep blogging regularly (at least once in 2 days). One good thing about ping.sg is that the whole rating thing creates a (hopefully) healthy competing environment, and I really would like to see my posts start appearing on the top ten list (Singaporean blood helps significantly too). I took tons of pictures intending to blog about it but I never got down to it, and now it's lost its meaning already. So... jiayou lor. Lol.

    ;/dd>
    7:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home