& Crazyhamster- A students Blog




Subscribe in a reader

Version 4.0
©crazyhamster design
On 19 June 2007

Youth.sg

Subscribe to my feed!
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Joost™ the best of tv and the internet


About me!
Why RSS?

Categories

Tomorrow-ed
Personal
Youth.sg
Motivational
School

Blogroll
Want a link here?Link me, and post a comment!
12slc Facs Group

Carine
Jingyi
Jingyao
Rachel Oon
Jaslyn
Matthew
Davin
Shirley Lee
Loh Hong Sheng

MrOtaku
xXingg
Marilyn
Rainyuki
Angelin
Sargunan
VivianBEE
Dine-y
Simin
May
Xuehua
Chelism
Guttercat!
Paradoxical
Yumi!
Yan-er!
Wan Xin
Miss Addicted!

Miyagi
Popagandhi
Youth.sg
Mrbrown

sgBlogs.com

Recent Entries

  • Bid4prize PLEASE COME TO ASIA
  • 7 killer tips for your student blog to shoot to fa...
  • Do YOU WANT TO JOOST? Don't BE LEFT BEHIND!
  • HELP! The reason why students blog will never go b...
  • A color coded quiz
  • Big Web Links Directory - The mother of all blog l...
  • This labour Day reminds me of last years.
  • Student Blog Earnings Weekly update #2
  • Emailcashpro- A Viable Student Earning Money optio...
  • Slapping myself in the mouth!

  • Archives

    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007


     

     

    Want joost invites? Get one from crazyhamster!

    Sunday, May 06, 2007

    Teenagers, now come with flame and youtube.

    "With great power of blogging comes great responsiblity"

    The famous quote that every other man of the earth knows. But seemingly, the students and teenagers of the current era of Singapore seems blatantly unaware of the logic. To them, the internet is a vast ground of free expression, with no boundaries, with no restriction. I believe most of them (if they do read newspaper) realised that their dreams were dashed entirely. The internet is not so free after all, if you are daring and post about a girl who just died, you get bashed because of ur insensitivity. Pardon me for not elaborating because I do not want to dwell too much into one particular issue.

    The world had changed, society evolves. When I was in primary 5, my best game was monopoly. Now, I see primary 5 and 6 bloggers. Not that we should marginalise them, but how much have they learnt to restrain their words appropriately. If you have an internet and a computer ( a pentium 3 will do the job), all you have to do is to create a blog and tadah, you can FLAME anyone you like.

    No longer is the era where you simply whisper to your bestfriend and say"hey, you know YY did this to me? I am no longer his friend, dun friend him k? or else I dont friend you."

    It is the era whereby students go right to their blog and start their campaign against the poor innocent soul. Hold on for a second, maybe the poor innocent sould is not that innocent after all, perhaps he will set up a blog(or use his pre-existing one) and flame the other guy back. Both providing a very biased, one sided view. Those post was meant to aggravate, to stir emotions in our friends and win people over.

    Welcome to the world of cyber-bullying.

    Personally, I believe that the higher the blog traffic is, the more influential the blogger turns out to be. Take for example, mr brown, (I do not want to have too many xiaxue example), his podcasts had always been a great hit among the locals. If for one day, he decided to go against the government with his persuassive podcasts, how many followers will he yield? 100? 1000?

    Same goes for cyber bullying in our student blogs. When your blog is relatively famous in your school, by giving a one-sided article on your blog, you can rally a few supporters.

    This is not healthy at all. Cyber bullying will be a pertinent trouble, I hope it will not take a turn for its worst and all students arent allowed to blog. I will be the first to cry.

    P.s. I will be going for camp tomorrow, so if you want your joost invites fast, do go to the post and post your email at least for me to send my joost invites.

    P.p.s. As I will not be around for the next five day, a beautiful young friend of mine will blog on my behalf. Look out for it on wednesday night.

    Labels:


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home